Reading Lists and Syllabi from Duke University Press
This page contains resources to aid readers with research questions related to the disciplines in which Duke University Press publishes. These resources may assist in preparing courses.
Our syllabi are staff-curated bibliographies of the most recent and relevant book chapters and journal articles focused on today’s most critical social issues, including climate change, labor, racial justice, immigration, pandemics, police violence, radical care, and more.
- Asian/Pacific American Cultures and Histories Syllabus
- Care in Uncertain Times Syllabus
- Catastrophe and Its Aftermath Syllabus
- Conceptualizing COVID Syllabus
- Critical University Studies Syllabus
- Elections in Global History Syllabus
- Environmentalism and Climate Change Syllabus
- Feminist Politics and Women’s Rights Syllabus
- Global Immigration Syllabus
- Invisible Man Syllabus
- Labor and Precarity Syllabus
- Navigating the Threat of Pandemic Syllabus
- Police Violence Syllabus
- Political Protests and Movements of Resistance Syllabus
- Prison and the Carceral State Syllabus
- Racial Justice Syllabus
- Reproductive Rights Syllabus
- Revisiting Queer Studies Syllabus
- Trans Rights Syllabus
- Women's Labor Syllabus
Selection of articles on topics of interest based on content from individual journals.
from American Speech
- Lexical Research in American Speech: Allen Walker Read
- Vowels and Their Technical Presentation in American Speech
- Lexical Research in American Speech
- Bilingualism and Language Contact in American Speech, Past and Present
from Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law
from Twentieth Century Literature
The Explore Subjects page automatically filters search results from all of our publishing disciplines for an easy-to-browse list of books and articles from any subject in our catalog.